November 9th, 2011
By Leslie Rouder, LCSW, CHt.
Is the thought of getting ready for the holidays causing you stress or overwhelm? Are you feeling like you don’t know where to start? Keeping your home clutter-free and organized, especially around holiday time, can help alleviate some of the stress and overwhelm you may be feeling, especially when you have ADD.
I put together a list of 3 important things you can do to keep your home clutter-free for the holidays, as well as all year round.
1. Set up 4 different boxes and label each box with the following labels:
- Throw Away– these are items that are no longer needed. This includes trash, but may also include things that are broken (and cannot be repaired) or items that no longer have any worth to you.
- Give Away– these are those items that can be re-cycled to someone that you know might enjoy having them, or donated to your favorite charity.
- Short term storage –these are those items that just need to be put back in their place in your home. They are used often and have a location that is easy to find.
- Long term storage –these are those items that you use infrequently and need to store somewhere out of the way. This could be in closets, attics, or garages. Make sure to label each box so that when you need these items, they are easy to locate. (more…)
No Comments »